To gain additional exposure for your listings OR to to Showcase what you can offer a Home Seller in how you present a home to the market with professional photography, floor plans & virtual tours — consider embedding your Tourbuzz Tours into your website or blog posts. See below for an example embedded Tour.
Access the Embed Code & Copy it
The embed code is available for your to copy from your Tourbuzz Client Panel and then paste into your website or blog. Here are the steps to get the code:
- Login to your Client Panel [find out how] and select the relevant Tour from amongst all of your Tours
- Click the “Tour Links” icon
- Click the “< >” Icon next to the “Simple Layout Tour” to copy the embed code to your clipboard [see image below] — the Simple Layout is best for embedding purposes in my opinion as it is the… simplest. As the embedded Tour will be featured on your blog or website, there is no need to use the branded version of the Tour in this scenario & the simple Layout will display the photos as large as your frame size will allow (see below).
Tweaking the Embedded Tour Size & Setting Options
TOUR SIZE — The embed code will look like what you see below. I tweak the code to make the Tour slightly bigger by simply changing the Tour width to “900” and the height to “600” — see the green text.
<iframe width=”640″ height=”480” border=”0″ frameborder=”0″ src=”http://www.tourbuzz.net/public/vtour/full/198620/”></iframe>
AUTO-PLAY — by default your Tour will play automatically as soon as the page loads — this has advantages & disadvantages. You can turn the auto-play setting to “No” via the Client Panel > Edit Tour > Tour
MUSIC — the Music Track that has been selected for your Tour will play once your Tour begins playing. This could be good if the Tour is embedded into a blog post focused on the particular listing, but distracting if the Tour is featured on your homepage. You can Turn the Music Off via the Client Panel if you prefer (View Instructions) — note turning the music off will affect all versions of your Tour.
[UPDATE] To overcome the above 3 issues, use the sample code below and replace the Tour ID “122241” with the Tour ID of your Tour. This code will embed a Tour at the 900×600 size, Auto-Play will be set to OFF, and therefore the Music will only start once the Tour Play button is pressed — all of these tweaked features are demonstrated by the embedded Tour above, refresh the page to see how the Tour displays.
<iframe src=”http://www.tourbuzz.net/public/vtour/full/122241?a=1&autoplay=0″ width=”900″ height=”600″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>
Adding the iframe code to your website or blog
Not all website and blog platforms will accept iframe code — so if it doesn’t work, check with your provider.
Two tips for wordpress.org users:
- you will need to install a free iframe plugin to allow the embedded tour to be shown.
- you must paste the code into the “Text” interface, NOT the “Visual” interface — if the code is pasted into the Visual interface, the actual code will appear (like the red text above) instead of the embedded Tour as you should see at the top of this post.
If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or get in-touch.
South Bend Realty Photo | Real Estate Photography + Floorplans | SouthBendRealtyPhoto.com